My Home Office Setup: 2023
Making Beef Stew with ChatGPT
Yesterday, I asked ChatGPT, “What is a tasty recipe for beef stew for a rainy Sunday afternoon?” The response was perfect and did not require scrolling through a memoir to view the recipe. Better yet, it tasted great and I have left overs for the week.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the flour. Add the beef to the pot and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pot and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the beef is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the carrots, celery, and potatoes to the pot and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and season the stew with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.